Freiberg, Germany Temple December 2016

Freiberg, Germany Temple December 2016
Freiberg, Germany Temple December, 2016

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Slovensko - Week 5 in Trenčín (some names changed for privacy)

Birthday's & Nameday's


In the Czech Republic and Slovakia everyone has calendars and everyone's calendars have a person's name on each individual day. (all of the Alexander's (for instance) have their name day on February 27th) And every year each person celebrates their name day, it's even more important than birthdays to them! But that means they get to celebrate themselves twice a year... I guess we Americans need to step up our game! 

Anyway today is my companion's birthday! I made her a cake and got her some chocolate for her birthday, and later we're probably going to go bowling with the Elders. But today we're also celebrating one of our friends' name day, it was last week but she wanted to have a mini joint celebration with Sister Sawyer. So we'e going out today around lunch time :)

This past week we found a new investigator, n P-day! And when we had exchanges on Fiday Sister Šedivá and I taught him about the message of the Restoration. It was a really good lesson. He seems more interested in learning about our religion than learning it, but if he wants to keep meeting we will be more than willing!

Sorry I didn't have much to write today but I can tell you this much, this last week has been the coldest on my mission so far, we were literally contacting in -6C or 21F and it's supposed to stay cold this week... lots of layering is looking like the forecast to me!

I love you all so much!
Mám vás ráda!

No comments:

Post a Comment