Freiberg, Germany Temple December 2016

Freiberg, Germany Temple December 2016
Freiberg, Germany Temple December, 2016

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Česká republika - Week 10 Plzeň (some names changed for privacy)

So, I just wanted to start off by saying THANK YOU to everyone who sent out birthday wishes this week! It was wonderful! Sorry I don't have that much time on Monday's to write back more personal thank you notes... 

This week was pretty cool, we unfortunately weren't able to meet with any of our investigators but we're getting fun looking sun tans on our feet from our shoes and we're getting our summer burns on! Whoohoo hahaha.... (I'm going to need to buy some aloe...). 

Anyway, on Wednesday we went and taught one of our less actives, Sestra ávoiatpil, who has a devil dog, but is a nice and sweet lady. :) We went over there to do some service again for her. But the day was too nice for that and too nice to stay inside. 

She decided for us, so we talked about Jesus instead and we read 3rd Nephi 11:11 with her : "And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning." And it was just really cool because Jesus Christ is wonderful and teaching about Him just brings the spirit which is such an awesome feeling when you're with people who don't get to talk about Him very often.

Then on Saturday we went on a vylet (a day trip) around the center of Plzeň and saw a couple of cathedrals, saw a mini replica of the center of town, and we did this with a few of the members and it was fun other than the fact that the sun was making us all exhausted hahaha.









 

On Sunday I had my birthday!!! I left the teen years behind! So crazy!! We had church and I made pizza for lunch, and then we had halušký (a cabbage, noodle, pork type dish),which  is an amazing dish I will make one day for dinner for the family (it is our Sunday night dinner tradition here).
Anyway, my companion got me a rose bush, the elders got me a chocolate bar and sunscreen hahaha, and we celebrated Monday (today), altogether with lemon bars that had 20 candles in it! 
 

Today, we also went and played some basketball, had birthday lemon bars, then played sand volleyball and got sunburnt a little. Then we ate at the Mexican restaurant in town.   I had a Mexican, Jarritos lime soda there!!! 


Love you all! I wish I had more time but here's some pictures!











1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Sister Sadler! :-) Praying for your safety and success in bringing people to Christ. Love ya! :-)

    ReplyDelete