Freiberg, Germany Temple December 2016

Freiberg, Germany Temple December 2016
Freiberg, Germany Temple December, 2016

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Česká republika - Week 7 Plzeň (some names changed for privacy)



So, the week started off with our going to an art gallery where we couldn't take any pictures, called Světlo, Šero a Temnota (Light, dawn, and darkness... I think), Some of the paintings were really cool, but some of them were just a little too creepy for  us missionaries... Oh well! And then Sestra Andersen and I did a little shopping. She bought some gifts for her family members since she's going back home next week which is so crazy! I'm "killing" off my trainer!! Aaahhhh! 

On another note, she and Starší Pickett had birthdays this week!!! Starší Pickett's was on Sunday, when we had stake conference and all went to Prague! So Sestra Andersen made some peach cobbler to eat on the train ride there!








 And then the next day... yesterday was Sestra Andersen's birthday, so I made her a delicious chocolate cake that we ate at Family Home Evening, where a group of BYU students surprised us by joining in the celebration.



Stake Conference was amazing, I think... I didn't understand anything really until the last talk given by our area 70 I believe, who is British and speaks a language I do understand for the most part hahaha! He gave us a challenge to do something spiritual everyday... I mean that's basically what we missionaries do, but I think that for the members that was something important... especially since in the Czech Republic almost everyone is a convert which is so amazing!!

Starsi Rains, Starsi Wutzke, Sestra Sadler, Sestra Hayden


Sestra Hayden!!!!


Loved seeing my MTC group again!
Sorry I'm totally going out of order here, but on Friday, we had the KnEdLiKý ChAlLeNgE!!!! Very, very, Very sugary! Don't worry, I'll send pictures... it's basically some kind of bread/dough that gets boiled I believe that has apple and cinnamon inside, and tvaroh (a tangy cheese) plus powdered sugar and butter on top. We got fed eleven and a half! We were all dying by the end of it! And then she gave us a small slice of cake, and we were just past death hahaha because we had also eaten a whole pot of soup right before she brought out the knedliký!!!!








I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week!!!

​"And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.​"
-- 
Sestra Sadler

A few more pictures from last week:

Making Lemon Poppy Seed Cake!













1 comment:

  1. I loved reading your posts Sariah ... they are great, and your pictures are awesome too! I was wondering what "Knedliky" was when I read it in your most recent post, but, further down, you explained it very well ... it looks/sounds yummy, with apple and cinnamon :) You are being kept busy I see, with teaching and learning the language xox

    ReplyDelete